SEND DIAGNOSTIC and RECEIVE DIAGNOSTIC RESULT

SEND DIAGNOSTIC and RECEIVE DIAGNOSTIC RESULT

Post by Mart » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:08:02

I know that the two SCSI command : SEND DIAGNOSTIC and
RECEIVE DIAGNOSTIC RESULT can be used for some advanced features. I know
how to send the command but I don't know how to pass the diagnostic
parameters.

A SEND DIAGNOSTIC command has a PF bit and a parameter list length field
to specify the page format and the length in bytes of the parameter
list. But how to pass the parameter/page ?
where is the parameter list? I am now trying to use the
TRANSLATE ADDRESS PAGE , would anyone explain to me how to use it or
give me a simple example for that ?

Marty.

1. Receiving TCP ignores sending data when receiving buffer is full???

I have an application where a server sends data on either a signal
interrupt (A) or an alarm (B) on the same non-blocking stream socket.
So A & B continously send data over the socket.  Occasionally a
problem occurs when the sequence is like this: A sends, B sends but
the receiving socket only got data from A and not B. In Richard
Stevens's Unix Network Programming Vol1 he indicated the following:

      "With TCP the available room in the socket receive buffer is the
window that TCP advertises to the other end.  The socket receive
buffer can not overflow because the peer isn't allowed to send data
beyond the advertised window.  This is TCP flow control and if the
peer ignores the advertised window and sends data beyond the window,
the receiving TCP discards it".

   Is this what happened in my case?  If so is there a way for the
sending process to check the advertised window before sending to make
sure the sending data won't be discarded?  If not is there a solution
to make sure the receiving TCP won't discard the data?  Since data
from B is more important than data from A is there a way to flush the
receiving buffer before sending data from B to make sure the receiving
buffer will get the data from B?

 Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

2. Test- Please ignore ;-)

3. Diagnostic Diskettes Model 560

4. syslogd and Loghost

5. diagnostics to find crash source?

6. Are there any linux drivers for Pioneer DRM 602X CD Changers?

7. Exercisers/Diagnostics for UNIX systems

8. Changing ownership of directories & files

9. Samba diagnostics in syslog

10. netstat class total as diagnostic

11. diagnostic sniffer?

12. hardware diagnostics

13. How to save diagnostic mesg from xinit?