QUESTION RE: Integrated Development Environment IDE

QUESTION RE: Integrated Development Environment IDE

Post by Elmar Haa » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

Could someone please let me know if there is a "Integrated Development
Environment" similar to Borland C++ 3.1 / 4.5 / 5.0 or Microsoft VC 4.0
running under Linux in character mode or Linux X-Windows as available
as GNU or commercial product.

I develop in C and C++ on DOS and Windows 95/NT platforms and want to
change to Linux. As I am used to above products and conveniences I want
to avoid relearning the use of tools as much as possible.

Please also reply by email

Thanks for your help

Elmar Haag

Post by Alexander San » Sun, 05 May 1996 04:00:00

 >Could someone please let me know if there is a "Integrated Development
 >Environment" similar to Borland C++ 3.1 / 4.5 / 5.0 or Microsoft VC 4.0
 >running under Linux in character mode or Linux X-Windows as available
 >as GNU or commercial product.
 >
 >I develop in C and C++ on DOS and Windows 95/NT platforms and want to
 >change to Linux. As I am used to above products and conveniences I want
 >to avoid relearning the use of tools as much as possible.

Look out for xwpe. It should do, what you want.

--
A. Sanda
Vienna, Austria

Post by Christopher Oliv » Tue, 07 May 1996 04:00:00

: Look out for xwpe. It should do, what you want.

I've tried this, and it looked cute, but the character mode produced
garbage for the outlines.  Am I up against an NCURSES problem, or is
something funky with the use of NCURSES in WPE?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,

--
Christopher Oliver                     Traverse Communications
Systems Coordinator                    223 Grandview Pkwy, Suite 108

   (define magic (lambda (f) (lambda (x) x)))
   (define (more-magic n) (lambda (f) (lambda (x) (f ((n f) x)))))

Post by pli.. » Wed, 08 May 1996 04:00:00

: : Look out for xwpe. It should do, what you want.

: I've tried this, and it looked cute, but the character mode produced
: garbage for the outlines.  Am I up against an NCURSES problem, or is
: something funky with the use of NCURSES in WPE?

The version I tested had a makefile where "-lcurses" caused the linking
of the old curses lib (witch is very broken at least on my system).

"-lncurses" changed a lot (linking w/ ncurses) but didn't solve
all problems (might be my very old slackware-system is a little bit
flaky too)

Greetings, Andreas

--
.sig under construction

1. QUESTION RE: Integrated Development Environment IDE

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.development.system
Subject: QUESTION RE: Integrated Development Environment IDE
Date: 2 May 1996 00:18:22 GMT

Hi!

Could someone please let me know if there is a "Integrated Development

Environment" similar to Borland C++ 3.1 / 4.5 / 5.0 or Microsoft VC 4.0

running under Linux in character mode or Linux X-Windows as available

as GNU or commercial product.

I develop in C and C++ on DOS and Windows 95/NT platforms and want to

change to Linux. As I am used to above products and conveniences I want

to avoid relearning the use of tools as much as possible.

Please also reply by email

Thanks for your help

Elmar Haag

2. Rlab looks for a nonexistent shared image

3. IDE (integrated development environment) for PHP / MySQL?

4. ATI Rage Pro

5. IDE (Integrated Development Environment)

6. Rule of Thumb with NICs

7. C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

8. how to get the CPU utilization of a group of processes

9. Code Forge Integrated Development Environment

10. Integrated C++ development environment??

11. C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

12. Code Forge, Inc has just released version 3.0 of its Integrated Development Environment.

13. Integrated Development Environment like BC++