What dist do kernel hackers use?

Post by tbel.. » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hehe, i love the smell of flame war in the morning.

What dist do kernel hackers use?

Post by Seliou » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Ehh, RedHat !!

Or Mandrake !!

Some even moved to windows !!

Post by Juergen Hein » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>Hehe, i love the smell of flame war in the morning.

distribution, what's a distribution ?

What dist do kernel hackers use?

Post by Peter Samuels » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hehe, i love the smell of flame war in the morning.

Lousy troll.  You're not supposed to give it away.  Anyway, if this
were a serious question, I would answer that Linus uses Red Hat and
SuSE, the guys employed by Red Hat probably use Red Hat, the guys
employed by SuSE probably use SuSE, and the rest use whatever they
want.  I won't mention that I use Debian because you didn't ask about
us non- (or in my case extremely-peripheral-) kernel-hackers.

--
Peter Samuelson
<sampo.creighton.edu!psamuels>

Post by bill davids » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

| Hehe, i love the smell of flame war in the morning.

  At one time I believe Linus used Debian, I don't know if that's still
true.

--

  When taking small children to a carnival, always have them go potty
*before* you let them go on the rides, and let them eat all the junk

Post by Christopher Brow » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>| Hehe, i love the smell of flame war in the morning.

>  At one time I believe Linus used Debian, I don't know if that's still
>true.

The last distribution I remember hearing him mention was Red Hat; he
has stayed quite specifically neutral in public on the matter...

--
Rules of the Evil Overlord #87. "When my guards split up to search for
intruders, they will always travel in groups of at least two. They

What dist do kernel hackers use?

Post by Seliou » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>The last distribution I remember hearing him mention was Red Hat; he
>has stayed quite specifically neutral in public on the matter...

Well, maybe real kernel freaks (why do you call that a hacker) have many
computers with different dists anyway...

I can't imagen Linus having only one PC !