Driver development

Post by Peter Samuels » Mon, 18 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am entertaining the idea of attempting to write a driver for The
> IBM RAID controller AKA Cheetah. Please recommend helpful reading and
> individuals that might have constructive interest.

By "IBM RAID controller" are you referring to the ServerRAID series?
If so, look for drivers/scsi/ips.[ch] in any recent 2.3 kernel tree.

--
Peter Samuelson
<sampo.creighton.edu!psamuels>

1. Driver development kit?

My new project requires development of a driver for a PCI based device.  The
folks I work with keep referring to a "driver development kit" as in "Make
sure to get the driver development kit.  It will simplify things."

Well, I've searched the ibm site, etc. and I can find no reference to such a
beast.  Does anyone know if such an animal exists?

Thanks and note the nospam email.  Just reply to the group to make it useful
to all.

2. HELP NEEDED : What`s needed for my own web server

3. Touch Mouse Driver Development???

4. Syscalls Error

5. Device Driver development

6. grep error -- too many files

7. CD-ROM Driver Development

8. It's a CONSPIRACY!

9. Driver Development problem, MultiQ PCI board

10. Driver Development problem

11. Need advice on device driver development

12. Driver Development for Linux, PCI MultiQ board problem

13. need direction for solaris driver development