Slackware 3.0, problems getting pkgtool & setup to work

Slackware 3.0, problems getting pkgtool & setup to work

Post by Travis Koc » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

After upgrading, any new kernels I compile under Slackware 3.0
seem to work fine, but when I go to use pkgtool or run setup
again, the screen clears (is 'reset') and then it dies quietly.

Using the kernel which shipped with Slackware 3.0 they appear to
work ok.

X works fine, as do other non X apps.

I have tried loadable modules on/off, 1.3.20, 1.2.13, elf,
a.out, nothing seems to make a difference,

I suspect its something related to the screen colors in these
programs.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slackware 3.0, problems getting pkgtool & setup to work

Post by Paul Tombl » Sun, 04 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>After upgrading, any new kernels I compile under Slackware 3.0
>seem to work fine, but when I go to use pkgtool or run setup
>again, the screen clears (is 'reset') and then it dies quietly.

Not sure about Slackware 3.0, but under Slackware 2.1, I could never get
pkgtool to work in an xterm.  And if I did it from an console, the screen
would blank UNTIL I MOVED THE MOUSE!  I suspect some interaction with gpm.

--

"The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid situations in which
he has to demonstrate his superior skill" - anon.

1. slackware setup and pkgtool only work in 80x25 mode?

Hi, I Installed slackware 1.2.0.3 and changed the
SVGA mode to 80x50. After this change the programs
setup and pkgtool don't run anymore. For these
programs to run I have to change the mode back
to 80x25. Is this a feature or am I doing
something wrong?
Thanks,
 Raymond Rosmalen

2. one other question

3. Slackware 3.0: gdb problem & setup problem

4. linux thinks ive got 15MB of RAM

5. Setup & Pkgtool don't work anymore...

6. PageMaker for Linux?

7. Setup/Pkgtool not installed by Slackware installation

8. DIP connects OK but nothing works!

9. trashed my setup with pkgtool (slackware).. HELP!!!!

10. Please help with Slackware "setup" and "pkgtool"

11. slackware setup/pkgtool

12. Slackware 'setup' and 'pkgtool' broke!

13. Help: Slackware pkgtool doesn't work!!