TokenRing messages on console

Post by Gordon.Haverl.. » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 02:01:08

Hi!
  Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.  I've got a Linux
machine which is dual homed, token ring and ethernet.  A while ago, 3
machines started sending
 invalid ICMP error to a broadcast
and these error messages fill up the screen of whatever text console I
happen to have active.  I can't see anything in syslogd.conf which
could be responsible for this (and I see a similar problem with a
Solaris 2.5.1 machine which is also dual homed).  There are some
comments in the partial source for the Olicom driver which talks about
KERN_DEBUG messages and klogd and userspace solutions, but doesn't
elaborate.  Does anyone have any ideas as to how to stop this more or
less constant stream of garbage from displaying on my console(s)?

Thanks,
Gord

1. TokenRing support (excess console messages)

Hi,
  I first noticed this on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine a few years back,
and now I'm seeing it on a Linux machine.  But the TokenRing support
generates messages to the console which are not under the control of
syslog/klog.  Is there a general sort of way of handling this?  I see
some reference of commenting out some DPRINTK for the token ring on
Linux, but that option won't work on the 2.5.1 machine (no source).

Gord

2. Cheaper pSeries systems???

3. token ring token ring token ring

4. Red Hat 3.0.3 telnet problem

5. shl on console hangs on console message

6. Protecting against TCP ACK floods (mstream)

7. How to present console messages without a console window?

8. connection problem with isdn card

9. Why don't console message appear in my ``console'' window?

10. Intercepting console messages without disabling the console

11. messages on console: got a messages (-1, 0x2018)

12. Token Ring and Linux (See message for details.)

13. Token ring problem, strange message