Book on CVS?

Post by Marcus Mar » Sat, 18 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Can anyone recommend a good book which describes the ``Concurrent
Version System''?  I've tried the info pages, but I'm looking for
something with a wider range of examples.

In particular, I'd like to know what the recommended approach is when
developing a single project on two machines (home and office) with
file transfer via floppy disk at the start and end of each day.  Files
can get out of sync due to forgetfulness, so I would like to use the
'merge' option.

a summary back to the newsgroup.

Hope someone can help.

Marcus.

1. Good Book about CVS?

Anyone out there can recommend some good books
introduce and learning about CVS?
I read the CVS document, but it not so good to learn.

O'Reilly only have RCS and CVS reference
pocket book.

Thank Q!

2. Problems with PCMCIA Netgear FA511

3. FS: Book aix, Book x, Book network

4. Troble with network module

5. PPP link - help

6. Want some extra cash, try this

7. current CVS tree vs released CVS tree