cpu load from kernel modules

Post by Arun Sharm » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Hello everybody !

> Is there any possibility to get the cpu load from within a loadable
> kernel module ?

Yes - look for kstat in the kernel sources.

        -Arun

1. load module error--kernel-module version mismatch

Hello,everyone.I want to learn how to write a driver,and I wrote a
very simple driver(do nothing).But when I load it using "insmod",there
is an error:
hello.o: kernel-module version mismatch
        hello.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.20
        while this kernel is version 2.4.20-8.
    Thanks!

Hre is the code:

#define __NO_VERSION__
#define MODULE
#define __KERNEL__
#include <linux/module.h>
#include <linux/version.h>

int init_module(void)
{
        printk("<1>Hello World\n");
        return 0;

void cleanup_module(void)
{
        printk("<1>Goodbye world\n");

2. Communication between Unix processes running on different machines

3. Dial on Demand bei Suse 7.2

4. How can I tell if a kernel module is loaded from within kernel code?

5. Trying To Change Color On Of Text on telnet , throught C program

6. kernels modules not loading automatically after kernel upgrade

7. ANNOUNCE: mod_rewrite 1.6

8. cpu load balancing only on cpu 0

9. Relationship between load average and CPU busy or CPU idle

10. Difference between a LOADed CPU & a non IDLE CPU ???

11. cpu load, multi cpu's

12. kernel 2.4.10 CPU load problems