TCP/IP, /proc/net, snmp

Post by nosp » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone point me to documentation - as detailed as possible -
on the following items. ( Online is best, but books, journals,
anything will be appreciated ).

   1. The /proc directory - this is a view into the kernel, but
        it is very difficult to find details of what the variables
        are and how they work. I am particularly interested in the
        tcp/ip variables in /proc/net  and the SNMP variables.
   2. From a tcp/ip standpoint - an exposition of the complete
        accounting ( bean counting ) rules for packets flowing
        into/out of a node - essentially a graph with the nodes
        being the categories and the links showing the possible
        paths and the rules which govern them. This is so that
        one could construct a complete report of what happens
        to all the packets at that node.

   Thanks.
        that node.

1. /proc/net/tcp and /proc/net/udp

I'm trying to figure out how to debug these files outputs. I have already
made my own tripwire ids component, I would like to now make a program that
makes certain the kernel isn't patched (i.e.: lkm root kit) and make sure I
can see my program listening on a port from netstat, and this file, I will
also send/recv data but thats not really related to /proc heh. I was just
wondering does someone know where the por is? I get each connection is a
line... and it has a number... but like almost everything is in hex I think
and "man proc" isn't very helpful in telling you what the information in
the files mean. Any help will be appreciated.

2. lucent wavelan and sound problems

3. /proc/net/snmp and SNMP MIB

4. Auto dial upon abnormal termination of a process

5. SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

6. Can't access network- STIOCSIFFLAGS error

7. TCP/IP, /proc, snmp

8. industry standards

9. ipv4: move proc stuff from net/ipv4/af_inet.c to net/ipv4/proc.c

10. /proc/net/route, /proc/net/rt_cach, sysctl ??

11. small bug plus fix for /proc/net/snmp (Imcp: field count)

12. UCD SNMP (Net-SNMP) 4.2.1 on AIX 4.3.3?

13. Replacing Sun's SNMP with net-snmp