reading Sys V.4 (ufs) formated 3 1/4 inch floppy disk

reading Sys V.4 (ufs) formated 3 1/4 inch floppy disk

Post by JohnRedde » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Is there a utility and/or a kernel mod that will support the reading of
3 1/4 disk formatted as a (UFS) file system under Esix SysV.4?

Actually any of the SysV4 PC ports should be about the same as far as
the file system goes.

Many Thanks,

-John Redden

Post by Tony Co » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: Is there a utility and/or a kernel mod that will support the reading of
: 3 1/4 disk formatted as a (UFS) file system under Esix SysV.4?

Have you tried something like:

        mount -t ufs /dev/fd0 /floppy

(I don't know the correct device name)

--

1. How do I mount read-write a UFS filesystem from a floppy disk?

Hi to all,

I want to boot my Sparcstation20 from a floppy with Linux and then
mount as read-write the SunOS partitions on it. I have tried Debian
with some 2.2.x kernel (sparc architecture) but it refused to mount it
read-write (only read).
Please note I haven't got any CDs with a sparc distribution of Linux.

Are there really any floppy distributions supporting read-write UFS
filesystems for SPARC?

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, links or anything else.

Chris Vradis

2. DHCP setup

3. Can Linux read a msdos formated floppy?

4. ext2fs Windows viewer

5. Reading 8-inch floppy data

6. Multiple graphic users on a PC

7. How to install filesystems on a dos - formated floppy-disk???

8. Problems running Makefile.PL on Linux

9. Help: Does Anybody know how install redhat from 5 inch floppy disk?

10. Q: Read to read UNIX floppy disk

11. Reading UFS on Solaris Partitioned Disks

12. Read UFS formatted disk?

13. mcopy-ing linux_bs.bin on a MS-DOS formated floppy