How to program/write a new filesystems into the kernel?

How to program/write a new filesystems into the kernel?

Post by learne » Sun, 25 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Forgive the dumb question I'm about to ask, but I've been searching
around for a while, and just haven't seen anything on this topic.

I am interested in adding an Microware OS9 system into the kernel
(compiled into the kernel or module form), and to have it work properly
with mount.  Is there any documentation that tells what one has to do to
hook the file systems into the kernel?  I have looked into the kernel
source files and the various file systems.  It's still not really clear
to me as to what structures have to be loaded with the entry points.
From what I can tell, there is an inode structure and a file handler
structure that has the function entry points listed...however this
doesn't look consistent to me yet.

Can anybody tell me where my next step for researching is?  Kernel Core
Commentary?

Thanks in advance.

Post by OSgu » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Forgive the dumb question I'm about to ask, but I've been searching
> around for a while, and just haven't seen anything on this topic.

OK, I found O'Reilley's book on Linux Device Drivers and it appears to have
the info I was looking for.  Sorry for the dumb question.