Help in STREAM (LiS) 2.8 installation problem under 6.2

Help in STREAM (LiS) 2.8 installation problem under 6.2

Post by Ricardo Martin Casanov » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:50:33

I am trying to setup a Red Hat 6.2 with STREAM (LiS 2.8) support for
development with Dialogic boards.
The reason is Dialogic says they support this version of Red Hat and stream
package.

I carefully followed al the instructions for the installation from
www.gcom.com more than 6 times starting from scratch but it doesn't seems to
work.

The installation do not generate any problem, but when I run the test
program

/usr/local/bin/strtst

it start to show the testing messages and after a few seconds the machine is
totally freeze. You can not change terminal or reboot . The only option I
found at this time is turn the box off and on again.

I don't know what else I could try.

I will appreciate very much any help or clue in this matter.

Thank you in advance.

Martin.

Help in STREAM (LiS) 2.8 installation problem under 6.2

Post by gdm » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:43:24

If you are u user of dialogic, you will have an authorized acces. So you
should ask your question on Dialogic forum.
http://members.support.dialogic.com/_mem_bin/FormsLogin.asp?/wbproxy/...
l/%7EGeneral
gdm

Quote:> I am trying to setup a Red Hat 6.2 with STREAM (LiS 2.8) support for
> development with Dialogic boards.
> The reason is Dialogic says they support this version of Red Hat and
stream
> package.
> I carefully followed al the instructions for the installation from
> www.gcom.com more than 6 times starting from scratch but it doesn't seems
> work.
> The installation do not generate any problem, but when I run the test
> program
> /usr/local/bin/strtst
> it start to show the testing messages and after a few seconds the machine
is
> totally freeze. You can not change terminal or reboot . The only option I
> found at this time is turn the box off and on again.
> I don't know what else I could try.
> I will appreciate very much any help or clue in this matter.
> Thank you in advance.

1. recompilation of glib-1.2.8, gtk+1.2.8 for Redhat 6.2

Hi!
Trying this newsgroup as I didn't get any response in alt.os.linux:
Im new to recompiling downloaded source code in Linux.

I have Redhat 6.2, and have rpm-ed glib-1.2.8 and gtk-1.2.8 on it.
I have to recompile glib/gtk in order to achieve something else in Ada.
I have downloaded the tar.gz files for glib/gtk 1.2.8, and put them on
/root/prog, and untared them there.

What I experience is that the glib/gtk compiling/installing leaves no error
messages (as far as I can tell),
but when I progress to the Ada recompiling, that recompiling asks for files
with the pattern:
gdk*.o, gtk*.o and glib*.o
to be linked in during the process.

In the Gtk installing directory I find several gtk/gdk-*.o files that I have
copied in to the directory that the Ada installations expects and the Ada
installations looks happier, but I can't find any file with the pattern with
the pattern glib*.o so it still doesn't succed.

My question in this forum is; should there be some glib*.o files after the
installation of glib based on the tar.gz files?
Do anyone have a good suggestion as to why I don't get any such files?

Frank

2. Question about after upgrading kernel

3. Netscape 6.2 for Solaris 2.8/SPARC?

4. Profiling problems under SunOS 5.2

5. Need to enable SSI on Netscape 4.1 and 6.2 hosted on Solaris 2.8

6. NIC setup for linux router

7. stack on solaris 2.8 with forte CC 6.2

8. Can't delete corrupt subset - PLEASE HELP

9. OpenBSD 2.8 installation problem/bug

10. Solaris 2.8 Streams question

11. STREAMS in RedHat 6.2 Help

12. What is LiS STREAM Package??

13. What is the use of Lis STREAM Package?