Can I bind a thread on specified processor ?

Can I bind a thread on specified processor ?

Post by JazzRabb » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

   Hello all....

         I am trying to multithreading programming on Linux,
         and I was wondering whether a thread can be bound on
         specified processor ?

         As far as I know, kernel 2.0.XX can't do that, how about
         kernel 2.2 ? Does anyone know that ?

         Any help will be nice....thanks...

                                            Rollaned from Taiwan

1. Binding "Threads" to processors under Solaris 2.3

Is there any way of binding threads (thread_t) to a processor, without
binding a thread to an lwp (which is in turn bound to a processor)?  Or,
even better, is there any way of restricting an lwp to a set of processors
(>= 1)?

i have a 4 processor SPARCserver 1000.  I want to show how a parallel
application behaves under 1, 2, 3, and 4 processors (is speed up linear,
etc).  So i'd like to be able to restrict the set of processors usable,
without having to go to the trouble of actually turning a processor off.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

-lantz

2. redhat 6.0 cd image

3. Binding thread to a processor

4. Adding second PPro processor to Solaris x86 system

5. Performance improvements binding threads to CPUs or thread priorities

6. named strange problem

7. the specified scripts was not running at specified time in crontab

8. Looking for for BulmerBT Font!

9. Threads, threads, threads

10. Threads in linux versus threads in NT and threads in Solaris.

11. what process bind to what processor ?

12. Processor bind info

13. Threads in linux versus threads in NT and threads in Solaris.