Development kernels - list of known bugs available?

Post by Tue Wennerber » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> [linux kernel summary somewhere on the WWW?]

Try linuxhq.com

Tue Wennerberg

Development kernels - list of known bugs available?

Post by Marinos J. Yannik » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I know that the kernel mailing list is the best source for known bugs in the
latest development kernels, but it'd still be useful to have a summary
somewhere on the WWW, so that people who are willing to spend some time
testing the development kernels but can't afford to try every new version
can see beforehand if it's a good idea to test a particular kernel version...
(e.g. I'm willing to test the development kernels on my system, but still
wouldn't try a version which is *known* to*up the file system)

So, is there such a summary somewhere on the WWW? Thanks for any pointers...

-nino
--
Please change the last part of my address to "at" if you're replying by mail.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Development kernels - list of known bugs available?

Post by Albert D. Cahal » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> see beforehand if it's a good idea to test a particular kernel version...
> (e.g. I'm willing to test the development kernels on my system, but still
> wouldn't try a version which is *known* to*up the file system)

Avoid 2.1.4x kernels. Reports indicate 2.1.6x is mostly OK.

1. proposal: feed smaller mailing lists into linux-kernel, add linux-kernel-core and linux-kernel-bugs

Hello Dave,

In light of some of the earlier comments in the various threads, I'd like to
start feeding postings from linux-mm and linux-aio back into linux-kernel
to encourage more widespread distribution of highly specific mumblings to the
community at large.  Along this lines, I also would like a couple of more
specific mailing lists to be added: linux-kernel-core and linux-kernel-bugs
to help readers in classifying the traffic.  Thoughts?

                -ben
--
Fish.
-

2. Problems with C2 Security and Automount

3. List of known Security-Holes in Linux available?

4. mod_rewrite, by-directory config

5. where is the list of the known bugs?

6. How to get the value out of while-read loop.

7. List of known bugs for Linux 2.0.29 Slackware

8. sco unix warning: abortincon: tp0 xF169CB04 not drop, WHY

9. csh pleasures -- extensive bug list available

10. 4.2BSD C Shell Bug List available -- many apply to current C Shells

11. List of kernel development

12. kernel development mailing list archive