Interrupts from Soundblaster

Post by Frank Raci » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

The output from procinfo is showing an awful lot of interrupts coming
from my soundblaster card, about twice as many as timer interrupts.
This is happening even though I'm not doing anything to access the
sound port.  Is this normal, a kernel (sound driver) bug, or stupid
user syndrome?

Using kernel 1.3.42 and PAS-16 set up for PAS and SB modes.  PAS on
IRQ10, SB on IRQ 7.  It seems to work OK, except for generating a
couple million interrupts.

Thanks,

-FwR

1. "Wild Interrupt" / Soundblaster problem

Hello!

I am running 0.99pl9 and encounter the message "Wild Interrupt? (IRQ7)"
during the boot sequence.

What does this message mean? Does it indicate a hardware problem?
I have removed all boards that are jumpered to generate IRQ7 (LPT, SB)
but the message persists.

I used to ignore the message, but now I am having problems with the
kernel sounddriver (Ver 1.0b / SB 1.0 set to IRQ7).

"cat file.au > /dev/audio" will not play the whole file but rather short
"pieces" which vary everytime I execute the command.

Could this problem be related to the "Wild Interrupt" message I get at boot
time?

Ideas anyone?

-Walter

--

              "The poor folks who only have 100MBytes of RAM five years
from now may not be able to buffer a 16MB packet, but that's their

2. accessing huge amount of data in 3D

3. Tape Backup - IBM 3590 / STK Redwood

4. Fwd: unhandled interrupt: 0xff63fc7f crash with emu10k1/soundblaster live value card

5. Anyone running Solaris x86 on a PPro?

6. soundcard SoundBlaster PCI128 or SoundBlaster live1024 problem

7. What is a Broken Pipe?

8. Installing Linux using Soundblaster (Not Soundblaster Pro) CD drive

9. NEx000 and 1.2.9: Interrupted while interrupts are masked!

10. /var/log messages: eth0: interrupted while interrupts are masked!

11. Is '/proc/interrupts' auto update when a interrupts come ?.

12. Interrupted while interrupts are masked!