1999 FORML Conference Update

Post by Rich Wagne » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello friends:

The 1999 FORML Conference is shaping up very nicely.  We've already
received a good collection of powerful, technical papers, which bodes very
well for our showing by conference time.  Here's a sample of the papers
you'll see:

-------------------
Wil Baden --
"Solitaire"
"The Most Powerful Text Editor That I've Ever Used"
"SHA-1 Secure Hash Algorithm"
----------------------------------
Dr. Everett F. Carter Jr. --
"Getting by with less -- How to subset TCP/IP"
---------------------------------
Federico de Ceballos --
"Accessing an Ethernet network from a Siemens AS990 System"
----------------
Albin Dew --
"Little Endian"
------------------------
Charles Esson --
"COLDFORTH multitasking"
"COLDFORTH memory management"
"COLDFORTH TCP/IP stack"
---------------------
Glen Haydon --
"Forth Philosophy, 1999: Forth in the Real World"
---------------------

Here are some other presenters, whose work you've seen in Forth Dimensions,
and whom we're expecting to see:

-- Richard Astle
-- John Carpenter
-- John Hart
-- Andrew McKewen
-- Chuck Moore
-- John Rible
-- Walter Rottenkolber
-- John Sadler
-- C. H. Ting
-- Richard Wagner
-- Tom Zimmer

PLEASE NOTE:  We're going to extend our title and abstract deadline from
August 31 to September 30.  If you have a paper you'd like to present,

late!!  Please see our call for papers at
http://www.forth.org/misc/forml21_call.html

REGISTRATION
------------------------
We began registration on August 26, and we've already registered about 15
attendees.  Our space is limited, so register soon.  Don't miss out!  If
you haven't registered yet, please check out our registration page at
http://www.forth.org/misc/forml21_reg.html  Register before October 15, and
you'll receive a 10% discount.  FIG members receive an additional 10%
discount!

More as the conference approaches...

42 EMIT,

Rich Wagner
Conference Director

1. 1999 FORML Conference Update

[...]

2. Can't find RedHat trees on hard disk

3. Announcing 1999 SOCKS Developers Conference

4. Is Aixwindows 1.2.3 (extended 3.2.3) is X11.5?

5. Open Source Software at 1999 USENIX Annual Conference--Reg Savings until May 3

6. ML PPP

7. gcc can't find libc.so.4

8. Linux 1999 "classic" -> Linux 1999 Q3

9. Updating LinuxPPC 1999

10. Q: installing LinuxPPC-1999 Updates