I'm converting a device driver for an Avtec high speed serial I/O card
from the 2.0.X kernel to the 2.2.X kernel
Other then a few changes in the 'C' function profiles very little was
done to get the code to compile without warnings. The 2.2 code didn't
come with a Makefile so I modified a Makefile I used with the 2.0 code.
However, when I use insmod to load the module I got alot of unresolved
referneces, several of which are my variables, but most are system
variables and/or functions.
Was there a big change in the kernel from 2.0 to 2.2 that would cause
all of the unresolved variables and functions or I am doing something
really stupid here.
I was thinking I had problems in 3 areas
1. The makefile wasn't configured right and didn't compile or link
the code into a module correctly.
2. insmode was not resolving all the references
3. Either the kernel has been radically changed from 2.0 to 2.2 or
the symbols were not being exported.
here's a list of unresolved references.
I am using a Caldera 2.3 distribution with a 2.2.10 kernel.
The return email address is bad.