I don't really know where to post this, but this might be a
has someone successfully built ncurses-4.2 with glibc2.1
and egcs-1.1.1? Are there known problems?
I had no difficulties with gcc-2.8.1 and glibc-2.0.6 but I
want to upgrade.
The problem seems to be the generation of ncurses/lib_gen.c by the
shell script MKlib_gen.sh, using sed and gawk. The result
looks seriously broken. See the excerpt at the end of this posting.
What could be the reason of this? I'm using Linux 2.2.1, but I don't
think this matters.
Thank you and sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup. What would be a
* DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND!
* It is generated by MKlib_gen.sh.
* This is a file of trivial functions generated from macro
* definitions in curses.h to satisfy the XSI Curses requirement
* that every macro also exist as a callable function.
* It will never be linked unless you call one of the entry
* points with its normal macro definition disabled. In that
* case, if you have no shared libraries, it will indirectly
* pull most of the rest of the library into your link image.
( pe z)
lx)"), (long)z)); returnCode( pe(z));
( chtype * a1, int z)
pe%p,%d)"), a1, z)); returnCode( chtype(a1, z));
( htype * z)
e%p)"), z)); returnCode( htype(z));
( ar * a1, int z)
,%d)"), a1, z)); returnCode( ar(a1, z));