Sendmail and Message Database Setup

Post by Sidney Traynha » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know of some modules or M4s (not sure what I would need) that
could move the sendmail things from /var/spool/mail, /var/spool/mqueue/,
domain aliases from alias tables in /etc to a SQL database structure --
either through ODBC or some Linux native database (PostgreSQL or MySQL).
Does anyone know of any projects that are working on this?  This would
increase the functionality of sendmail to the point that I plan to write a
set of CGI scripts that would allow users to come in over the web and
create pop accounts, setup their own aliases, etc.  Or does anyone know of
something that does this already for the system administrator level, as
well as the user level.

I have looked at www.hawkeye.net -- it looked interesting, but there
wasn't much on what packages they had modified to make work with their
entire Internet server package.  I would just prefer to know that I am
working with the real version of sendmail and apache -- and they have only
been modified to work with this database.

Also, another quick question -- does anyone know of a method for getting
the passwd and shadow files (with RedHat's PAM) into a strong database
backend as well?

Thanks for your help.

Sidney Traynham

Post by nick » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of some modules or M4s (not sure what I would need) that
> could move the sendmail things from /var/spool/mail, /var/spool/mqueue/,
> domain aliases from alias tables in /etc to a SQL database structure --
> either through ODBC or some Linux native database (PostgreSQL or MySQL).
> Does anyone know of any projects that are working on this?  This would
> increase the functionality of sendmail to the point that I plan to write a
> set of CGI scripts that would allow users to come in over the web and
> create pop accounts, setup their own aliases, etc.  Or does anyone know of
> something that does this already for the system administrator level, as
> well as the user level.

Look for webmail it has an appindex record on http://freshmeat.net

If I understand you correctly, it may do what you want.

1. sendmail and it's message: "database '@' has not been defined"

Mail is sent without a problem,  however, I would just
like to remove this annoying message by defining the database
it wants.

The question is:  what does it want.  I've been through the man
page and FAQ's that I could find.  Anybody have an answer?

I'd appreciate any help I could get.  Thanks.

___________
Ken Moroney

2. Netscape 3.0G & Java

3. sendmail stores all messages in sendmail.log?

4. Apache1.2.1: Reloading frames

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. reusing sockets

7. Redhat 4.0, Sendmail 8.8.5 database problem and .cf file building

8. Shadow Passwords (KDE Screensavers need suid)

9. How to configure sendmail user-database?

10. sendmail RH6.0 aliases database file format

11. Perl and Sendmail User/pas Database...

12. Open Server Enterprise 3.0 Error Message: Not In File Control Database

13. sendmail user database...anyone had success?