printk doesnt work

Post by ayalone5.. » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:26:50

i have a new redhat 6.2
and im trying to printk from a loadable module
but i dont see the result on the terminal?
how can ido kernel programing from redhat 6.2???
please help thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

printk doesnt work

Post by pusillu » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:06:44

Quote:>i have a new redhat 6.2
>and im trying to printk from a loadable module
>but i dont see the result on the terminal?
>how can ido kernel programing from redhat 6.2???
>please help thanks

cat /var/log/messages

printk doesnt work

Post by Josef Moeller » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:20:23

> >i have a new redhat 6.2
> >and im trying to printk from a loadable module
> >but i dont see the result on the terminal?
> >how can ido kernel programing from redhat 6.2???
> >please help thanks

> cat /var/log/messages

Better yet, switch to another terminal (e.g. another console) and do
"tail -f /var/log/messages".
You can always insert newlines on the screen (just hit ENTER a few
times) to easily distinguish older messages from recent ones.

--
Josef M?llers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)

1. "printk" not working

I'm looking at the QIC-80 driver and really need to place some debug
statements in the driver.  Per the instructions I'm using 'modules'
to add a new driver (actually I adding a syscall which just calls
"printk" to print "hello world" when envoked.)  All works just great
when run from the console where I do see "hello world".  Unfortunately
when I'm in X11 the "hello world" (the output from the printk)
is no where to be seen.  I am starting an xterm up with the '-C' option
which on other machines says to allow all console output to this window.

After looking at kernel/printk.c I even added a 'sys_syslog(7)' hoping
that X11 disabled the console.  Unfortunately this didn't help.

Any suggestions?  I would REALLY prefer to run under X11.

Thanks in advance

--

SunSoft - Rocky Mountain Technology Center
7150 Campus Drive, Suite 200

2. Opportunity: HP SysAd

3. sunos pragma pack() doesnt work

4. simple regexp

5. so simple but: why doesnt http://localhost/ work?

6. redhat 5 cdrom label

7. .htaccess file doesnt work with imagemap: HELP !!

8. Why Susan Cohen is a liar.

9. Linux Remote Printing - Doesnt work!

10. XAllocColorCells doesnt work anymore

11. diplogin doesnt seem to work

12. Suspend doesnt work !

13. building a local network doesnt work :-(