VFS: Wrong blocksize on device 03:01

Post by David Ron » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I got the following error message last night:

kernel: VFS: Wrong blocksize on device 03:01

Can someone tell me what it is and what to do about it?

I've also had the following:

kernel: swap_free: weirdness

Are the two related?  I'm running 2.0.33 on a P5 with 48M ram, 2 IDE drives,
and 33M swap on /dev/hda.

David Ronis

1. VFS: cannot open root device 03:01

Hi,

I am getting the following error message on my PC running RedHat 5.1
upon boot up after a kernel recompile. I ran lilo before rebooting:

partition check
VFS: cannot open root device 03:01
kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

I can get at the partition if I boot from the rescue disk and have
tried to check the check the lilo conf and to rerun lilo but it still
gives me the error.

Addiotionally I copied the vmlinuz to a dos partition and have tried
to use loadlin with various options but still no joy. Though
admitidely I'm not completely sure of what I'm doing!

Can anyone offer some assistance please
thanks
shin

2. XMMS 1.2.7 : heavy cpu usage ?

3. Kernel Panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01

4. NIS, NFS & Solaris 2.5.1 : Need Help

5. DOS filesystem: kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount fs on 03:01

6. University of Washington (in Seattle) is looking for a a deputy sysadmin

7. Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

8. Big prob!! I need help!!!!

9. Kerner panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01

10. Kernel panic : VFS Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

11. VFS: wrong blocksize on device 01:00

12. Cant book "VFS: cannot mount parition error 3:01" blah!

13. Strange IDE disk errors: "VFS: wrong blocksize"