Shared Libraries: Permission Denied! Need Help

Shared Libraries: Permission Denied! Need Help

Post by Roberto River » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

When I try to access certain programs which try to access a shared
library, then I get:

    cannot open shared object file:  Permission denied

This happens when I am logged in as a user, not when I am root.  I am
using redhat 5.0.  Any suggestions?  Pentium 200.

Thanks
Robert

Post by Joerg Beye » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> When I try to access certain programs which try to access a shared
> library, then I get:

>     cannot open shared object file:  Permission denied

> This happens when I am logged in as a user, not when I am root.  I am
> using redhat 5.0.  Any suggestions?  Pentium 200.

well, check the permissions of the library? The eXecution-Bit has
to be set.

        Hope this helps
        Joerg

--
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is
to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies

1. Need a Shared Library Guru: beyond simple shared library question

I need to come up with a shared library whose name and function names are NOT
known at compile/link time - only known at runtime. This requires the
application program to be able to dynamically load a shared library at runtime
whose name is in a variable and request a function whose name is also in
a variable.

It would work like this: At run the application program would make a system
call to dynamically load a library by the name of the string it passed. Once
loaded, the application would, using a "handle" to the library, request a
reference to a function in the library passing the name of the function. In
servicing the request the library would lookup the function name in its table
and return a pointer to the function. The application would call the function
using the pointer.

If you're familiar with Windows (I'm not that familiar with) it would be
equivalent to the "LoadLibrary" and "GetProcAddress" functions in Windows.

I've read through a number of FAQs and group posting and so far haven't come
across anything of this nature.

ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE WELCOME!!!

TIA, Mike

--

5910 N Central Exprwy, Suite 800   phone: (214)891-6638
Dallas, TX 75206-5140              fax:   (214)987-8187

2. Dedicated DHCP distro with webaccess..

3. Help with building shared libraries with dependencies on other shared libraries

4. /etc/security files

5. NFS help needed: permission denied

6. IP filtering software

7. Need help: Can't use any programs, get Permission Denied message

8. How to set up Xwindow for SONY Notebook PCG-FX140

9. Help!! Need help on Shared Libraries

10. Apache Access Permission Denied > Shared Memory Violation

11. permission denied when creating Share memory

12. Share - Permission Denied

13. Shared, non shared libraries need some information about this subject