bootinfo.h missing for make dep

Post by Jonathan DelStrothe » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hiya - got an all new problem for ya....
OK, I'm attempting to get sound support in the Redhat 5.2 kernel, so, go
to src/linux/drivers/sound, make config, go through all of that stuff...
Right, that seemed OK, so - make dep.  I get an error message:
dmasound.c : 81 : asm/bootinfo.h  : no such file or directory

aaaargh
I've done a search through all the packages on the cdrom - nope, not
there...  Ideas, anyone??

O yeah - while I'm here, say I want to create a script....
create a new file, add the #!bin/sh bit at the top (I've forgotten
exactly what it is, but anyway-) add in some commands (eg echo 'hi'),
save the file, do 'chmod +x thisfile', type in thisfile at the console,
& it says file not found (or is it command not found??...damn - I'll
have to go back and check).  Whatever it is, is this the way you're
supposed to produce & run a script?

Cheers
Jonathan
[Terminal Newbie]

Post by Paul Kimo » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> OK, I'm attempting to get sound support in the Redhat 5.2 kernel, so, go
> to src/linux/drivers/sound, make config, go through all of that stuff...
> Right, that seemed OK, so - make dep.  I get an error message:
> dmasound.c : 81 : asm/bootinfo.h  : no such file or directory

You need a symbolic link from /usr/src/linux/include/asm to
/usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 (or whichever architecture is
appropriate).

This should be done for you if you go to the top-level kernel
source file (/usr/src/linux) and run "make config".

Quote:> O yeah - while I'm here, say I want to create a script....
> create a new file, add the #!bin/sh bit at the top (I've forgotten
> exactly what it is, but anyway-) add in some commands (eg echo 'hi'),
> save the file, do 'chmod +x thisfile', type in thisfile at the console,
> & it says file not found (or is it command not found??...damn - I'll
> have to go back and check).  Whatever it is, is this the way you're
> supposed to produce & run a script?

Yes, and "#!/bin/sh" is correct.  But you have to make sure that
"thisfile" is in the PATH.  Often "." (the current working directory)
is not in the PATH (for security reasons).

--

Post by Andreas Schwa » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

|> Hiya - got an all new problem for ya....
|> OK, I'm attempting to get sound support in the Redhat 5.2 kernel, so, go
|> to src/linux/drivers/sound, make config, go through all of that stuff...
|> Right, that seemed OK, so - make dep.  I get an error message:
|> dmasound.c : 81 : asm/bootinfo.h  : no such file or directory

make dep is stupid.  asm/bootinfo.h is only used on m68k.

|> O yeah - while I'm here, say I want to create a script....
|> create a new file, add the #!bin/sh bit at the top (I've forgotten
|> exactly what it is, but anyway-) add in some commands (eg echo 'hi'),
|> save the file, do 'chmod +x thisfile', type in thisfile at the console,

./thisfile

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something

bootinfo.h missing for make dep

Post by Jonathan DelStrothe » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Right, sorted...
Cheers guys
Jonathan

1. Please run make dep in your kernal source tree modversion.h is missing???HELP

I have SuSE 7.2 and I am trying to install the drivers for the Rio500
and when I do a make I get the error "Please run make dep in your
kernal source tree modversion.h is missing". I already ran make dep in
/usr/src/linux-2.4.4.SuSE dir and I still get the same error. Can
anybody please tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance...

2. Apache Config Problem

3. modules.dep missing

4. Sun's new patch policy for Solaris 10 'software updates'!

5. Help Make Dep Error Modversion.h is missing

6. Position commands

7. RH 6.0: missing modules.dep file!

8. Killing X under 16bpp Junk on screen

9. Fail on make dep - missing header files

10. missing scripts in lxdialog prevent make menuconfig, make dep, etc

11. Install Linux on 2nd drive - using loadlin -> missing modules.dep

12. linux (RH 61) modeles.dep missing?

13. Missing header (*.h) files make dep