Hayes PCI Accura 56K Internal Modem - Support?

Hayes PCI Accura 56K Internal Modem - Support?

Post by Steven J. Hathawa » Sun, 19 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Where can I find, if any, Linux support for the Hayes Accura 56K
V.90/K56flex PCI Internal Fax Modem?

It uses the Lucent DSP circuitry.

The binary driver image found on "linuxmodem.com" does not work in my
system.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

Post by Tim Smit » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Where can I find, if any, Linux support for the Hayes Accura 56K
> V.90/K56flex PCI Internal Fax Modem?

> It uses the Lucent DSP circuitry.

> The binary driver image found on "linuxmodem.com" does not work in my
> system.

> Sincerely,
> Steven J. Hathaway

Not familiar with that particular modem...but it sounds like a
"winmodem". Winmodems are modems that have been built without
brains in an effort to lower the cost and tie you, the customer,
to Windows forever...the makers of these modems refuse to
release the docs for the hardware to developers of any operating
system other than Windows, and they refuse to provide people
with drivers for any OS other than windows.

Sorry, but those devices are one of the curses of the industry IMHO

-Tim