gcc compiling problem...

Post by Greyson Fische » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

        Undefined reference to __eh_pc

        I get this during the compiliation of tools like SSH...

gcc compiling problem...

Post by Peter Samuels » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>    Undefined reference to __eh_pc
>    I get this during the compiliation of tools like SSH...

It might be just a *tiny* bit helpful if you would be so kind as to
mention the relevant libraries (and versions thereof) you are trying to
link code with.  That would include libc.  Go ahead and copy the whole
compile line that gives you the error.  Your Linux distribution, if
any, could be helpful too, since you might have a problem specific to a
particular vendor's fileset.

--
Peter Samuelson
<sampo.creighton.edu!psamuels>

gcc compiling problem...

Post by h.. » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Our French Linux friends have provided the answer in their
"Questions frequemment posees" aka French Linux FAQ.
http://www.loria.fr/linux/arch-news.html

I'll try to translate from French into English (booth not
my mother tongue so please ignore any grammatical itches :)

Q 6.12
A program doesn't run and returns the error message
prog: error in shared libraries
prog: undefined symbol __eh_pc

Answer (Pascal A. Dupuis):
__eh_pc is a compiler variable.  I had a version of
libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1.gcc compiled with egcs. A 'nm' command shows,
 that this variable isn't there. But a version compiled with gcc-2.8.1
provides this variable.

I therefore have installed this version under
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1.gcc and I have it included
into the environment variable LD_PRELOAD.

Enjoy!
Hans

>    Undefined reference to __eh_pc

>    I get this during the compiliation of tools like SSH...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. gcc compiling problem: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

hello all I'm trying to install php on Solaris 8, but when it tries to
compile using gcc 2.95.3 i get the following message

checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

my config.log file looks like this:

I have read similar posts just like this one here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&threadm=9pr...

as well as this information:
From the Solaris 2 FAQ:

  http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2/Q6.2.html

6.2) Which packages do I need to install to support a C compiler?

Solaris ships with everything you need, with the exception of the
compiler itself. Solaris ships with the include files, make, an
assembler, linker and libraries. All this stuff lives in /usr/ccs/bin
(add it to your PATH before /usr/ucb if that's in your PATH as well)
/usr/ccs/lib and /usr/include.

If you still can't find it, make sure you have the following packages
installed on your system:

        for tools (sccs, lex, yacc, make, nm, truss, ld, as):
            SUNWbtool, SUNWsprot, SUNWtoo
        for libraries & headers:
            SUNWhea, SUNWarc, SUNWlibm, SUNWlibms
            SUNWdfbh, SUNWcg6h, SUNWxwinc, SUNWolinc,
            SUNWxglh
        for 64 bit development:
            SUNWarcx, SUNWbtoox, SUNWdplx, SUNWscpux, SUNWsprox,
            SUNWtoox, SUNWlmsx, SUNWlmx, SUNWlibCx
        for ucb compat:
            SUNWsra, SUNWsrh
-----------------------
i installed every package i did not have with the exception of SUNWtoo
but yet it seems the same errors appear.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Would installing gcc 3.1 solve this problem?

2. Is it possible to change the TCP Listen Queue Size in Solaris?

3. GCC compile problem.

4. How to change default media type?

5. gcc compiling problems

6. patch for LITEON cdrom?