pcmcia incompatible with dual-CPU machines ...?

pcmcia incompatible with dual-CPU machines ...?

Post by Stan Chesnut » Wed, 06 Oct 1999 04:00:00

... or, "Why doesn't RH6.1 have pcmcia support in the smp kernel?"

I'm putting a Zoom-Air wireless modem into a dual-CPU machine.
I'm running into IOport/interrupt problems, which don't trouble
me too much ... unless the pcmcia code won't work with SMP
configurations, due to the different interrupt structure imposed
by the APIC hardware.

So simple question: does the PCMCIA code (I'm using pcmcia-cs-3.0.14 with
2.2.12) work with dual-CPU architectures?

Thanks for any responses,
Stan Chesnutt

1. 2 single CPU mother board and one dual-CPU mother board

We ordered a RS6000 B80 with dual-CPU configuration. What we want is
one CPU board with 2 CPUs on it, but the agent delivered two CPU
boards with one CPU on each board.

Does this configuration match our specification? What the different
between them? Will the AIX installed multi-CPU kernel on this machine?

TIA,

2. OS/2 comes with a free multithreaded Web Explorer

3. No speedup w/ pthreads on dual CPU machine

4. 2 NIC's and NAT

5. x86: Dual CPU machines

6. syntax for ServerAlias

7. System randomly crash when running SMP kernel on dual CPU machine

8. Apache is forking too much for me

9. Setup RH6.0 on Dual CPU Machine

10. Howto use both CPUs on a dual SMP machine ?

11. Use both CPU's on a dual SMP machine

12. Dual-CPU compilation??

13. need hardware roughly equivalent to dual-cpu Pentium III 800 MHz