stty and kgdb problem

Post by sridh » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 08:27:32

I am trying to debug a kernel over a remote console. I get
Ignoring packet error ..
kgdb page suggests that it might be due to the speed mismatch. i tried
stty ispeed 9600 ospeed 9600 < /dev/ttyS0 on the development machine
and have passed serial=0,9600n8 option via lilo to the debug kernel.
any ideas?
also on the development machine when i invoke
%gdb bzImage
gdb reports that bzImage is not an Executable file format and it is
unable to recognize the format. what is the problem?
-sridhar
ps: i have tried redirecting the kernel messages over the serial line
and read it with minicom . that works fine.

1. kgdb stty problem

sorry for the posting it the second time. i had missed the subject the first
time.

I am trying to debug a kernel over a remote serial console. I get
Ignoring packet error ..
kgdb page suggests that it might be due to the speed mismatch. i tried
stty ispeed 9600 ospeed 9600 < /dev/ttyS0
on the development machine and have passed serial=0,9600n8 option and
gdbbaud=9600 via lilo to the debug kernel.

when i run
%stty speed
on the development machine it still reports 38400.
so i changed the gdbbaud and serial= values to 38400 on the test machine. even
this doesn't work.
any ideas
--sridhar
ps: i have tried redirecting the kernel messages( without patching it with
kgdb) over the serial line and read it with minicom . that works fine.
please email as i am not subscribed.
-

2. X Newsreader for Slackware

3. stty kgdb - solved

4. MediaOne network cards

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Passwd Expire'ing

7. stty -g output mapping to stty -a output

8. Finding the oldest file in a directory

9. 'stty -opost' or 'stty -onlcr' don't work ?!

10. Change "stty erase ^?" for "stty erase ^H"

11. problem executing 'kgdb' debugger

12. Problem with kgdb debugger

13. kgdb woes, doesn't work, NO /dev/kdebug device