IOCTL Call help needed

Post by (Masher » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to set the port speed on the serial port on a slackware
box

code at the moment is

FILE *fp;

fp = fopen("/dev/ttys0","r+");

but what are the parameters for the ioctl call, cannot find helpful
docs anywhere

not in man pages nor in .h file

IOCTL Call help needed

Post by Scott Lanni » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

: I am trying to set the port speed on the serial port on a
: slackware box
:
: code at the moment is
:
: FILE *fp;
:
: fp = fopen("/dev/ttys0","r+");
:
: but what are the parameters for the ioctl call, cannot find
: helpful docs anywhere

Why not use termios? Then you can have that warm, fuzzy,
POSIXly-correct feeling. If you simply *must* use streams,
you can use fileno(fp) to get an fd. Use the terminal control
function tcgetattr to fill-out a termios struct, then you
can use the *convenience* function, cfsetispeed.

--

1. Need help on ioctl calls

Hi to everyone out there.

I need to write ioctl calls to access ethernet address of my NIC. This
is as a part of my project on implementing ARP protocol for linux.
Will someone please guide me on writng the function? The man pages are
of little or no help....

2. switch_to macro question

3. Ioctl call on PTX4 - help

4. tw0 driver for xten

5. Help with ioctl call !!!

6. Perhaps you can try this

7. ioctl call fails when not on virtual terminal - help!

8. Problems with Term (trsh and xconn)

9. Help - SCSI passthrough ioctl calls vs. sd/sg devices

10. Help - ioctl() call defined in Linux SCSI low-level drivers

11. Help:: STREAMS ioctl call failing under Solaris 7

12. Need Help with "ioctl" messages

13. : Need help with ioctl()