Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 : ext2-os2 0.3 available for testing

Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 : ext2-os2 0.3 available for testing

Post by Matthieu WIL » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I've just uploaded a new version of ext2-os2 (version 0.3) for alpha testing.
ext2-os2 allows OS/2 to access Linux native partitions (ext2fs file system)
as normal OS/2 drive letters (NOTE : this is still alpha level stability code)

It is on ftp-os2.nmsu.edu in /incoming (then in /new and /os2/diskutil),
the package file is named ext2_03a.zip.
It comes with all its sources, as well as Deon van der Westhuysen's Linux
partition filter.

Matthieu WILLM                  I do *NOT* speak for IBM ...

1. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 - ext2-os2 V0.4 beta now available

Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 - ext2-os2 V0.4 beta now available

Hi,

I've just uploaded ext2-os2 version 0.4 beta. ext2-os2 is an Installable File
System (IFS) for OS/2 that provides read and write access to  Linux native
partitions formatted with the ext2fs file system. This is a port based on the
ext2fs 0.5b code (Linux 1.2.1 kernel sources). After some setup manipulations,
Linux partitions will appear as new drive letters (one per ext2fs partition).
You can then access them seamlessly like normal OS/2 drives.

I'm developing this driver during my spare time (even if I work for IBM, IBM
doesn't have anything to do with this driver, I develop it at home), so it
doesn't progress very quickly, and is probably not yet perfect.

This package also includes the latest version of Deon van der Westhuysen's Linux
partition filter driver (ext2flt V1.2b), which allows ext2-os2 to work with
ext2fs partitions without altering the partition table.

Please notice that this is still beta level stability code ...

You can find ext2-os2 on ftp-os2.nmsu.edu in the /incoming directory, a file
named ext2_04b.zip. It will be eventually moved to /new and /os2/diskutil. I'm
waiting for your feedback on how it works on your machine, and please feel free
to send me any comments, suggestions, bug reports and so on.

Happy beta testing,

Matthieu WILLM                  I do *NOT* speak for IBM ...

2. pci - dma question

3. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 - ext2-os2 V0.8 now available

4. telnet

5. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 : ext2-os2 V0.5 now available

6. Kcontrol modules

7. Linux ext2fs IFS driver for OS/2 : ext2-os2 0.2a needs alpha testers.

8. Card Eisa Intel Pro 10/100 ( EtherExpress ?)

9. ATTENTION : Linux ext2fs for OS/2 alpha testers - fix for 0.3 available

10. WANTED : Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 alpha testers ...

11. OS/2 IFS for reading EXT2FS?

12. Upgrading ext2fs 0.2b to 0.3

13. encrypted-home-directory (EHD) patch 0.3 for Linux 2.2 now available