Linux ext2fs IFS driver for OS/2 : ext2-os2 0.2a needs alpha testers.

Linux ext2fs IFS driver for OS/2 : ext2-os2 0.2a needs alpha testers.

Post by mwi.. » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I've just uploaded a new version of ext2-os2 for ALPHA TESTING.
ext2-os2 is an Installable File System Driver (IFS) for OS/2 that allows
OS/2 to access Linux ext2fs partitions seamlessly as if they were normal
OS/2 drive letters. I need some INTREPID people to test the new features
of this alpha version....the main new feature being WRITE access :-))
The package also includes Deon's Linux partition filter (ext2flt) V1.2,
this filter will allow you to use ext2-os2 without hacking your partition
table(s). It also includes the full ext2-os2.ifs sources.

Please read carefully the documentation before testing ext2-os2.

The package is  on ftp-os2.nmsu.edu in /incoming, then will be moved to
/new and /os2/diskutils, the file is named ext2_02a.zip.

I'd like to thanks all V0.1 alpha testers for their feedback. Version
0.1 alpha was a success (ext2-os2 V0.1 was much stable than I thought !).
Now for version 0.2, it's another story...since write access is a lot
more complicated and bugs a lot more dangerous for your HD's health ....

Happy testing,

Matthieu

Matthieu Willm                        I do *NOT* speak for IBM ...

Post by eddy Gorsu » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>I've just uploaded a new version of ext2-os2 for ALPHA TESTING.
>ext2-os2 is an Installable File System Driver (IFS) for OS/2 that allows
>OS/2 to access Linux ext2fs partitions seamlessly as if they were normal
>OS/2 drive letters. I need some INTREPID people to test the new features
>of this alpha version....the main new feature being WRITE access :-))
>The package also includes Deon's Linux partition filter (ext2flt) V1.2,
>this filter will allow you to use ext2-os2 without hacking your partition
>table(s). It also includes the full ext2-os2.ifs sources.

Thanks for the package- I'll be looking for it to give it a try.

Now- could someone make an IFS so that OS/2 can see the real file names on a
linux CD-ROM (i.e. ISO 9660 + rock ridge extensions)? Trying to get at the
linux documentation while linux doesn't work is a real pain, since I can't
see the real file names from OS/2.

--
ed.dy \'ed-e-\ n [ME (Sc dial.) ydy, prob. fr. ON itha; akin to OHG ith-
   again], L et and 1a: a current of water or air running contrary to the main

Post by Matthieu WIL » Sat, 12 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>>I've just uploaded a new version of ext2-os2 for ALPHA TESTING.
>>ext2-os2 is an Installable File System Driver (IFS) for OS/2 that allows
>>OS/2 to access Linux ext2fs partitions seamlessly as if they were normal
>>OS/2 drive letters. I need some INTREPID people to test the new features
>>of this alpha version....the main new feature being WRITE access :-))
>>The package also includes Deon's Linux partition filter (ext2flt) V1.2,
>>this filter will allow you to use ext2-os2 without hacking your partition
>>table(s). It also includes the full ext2-os2.ifs sources.

>Thanks for the package- I'll be looking for it to give it a try.

>Now- could someone make an IFS so that OS/2 can see the real file names on a
>linux CD-ROM (i.e. ISO 9660 + rock ridge extensions)? Trying to get at the
>linux documentation while linux doesn't work is a real pain, since I can't
>see the real file names from OS/2.

Well someone could port the Linux cdrom file system starting from what I've done for
ext2-os2 .... Any volunteer ?

Quote:>--
>ed.dy \'ed-e-\ n [ME (Sc dial.) ydy, prob. fr. ON itha; akin to OHG ith-
>   again], L et and 1a: a current of water or air running contrary to the main
>   current; esp)X : a small whirlpool 1b: a substance moving similarly  2: a
>   contrary or circular current  - eddy vb

Matthieu WILLM                  I do *NOT* speak for IBM ...

1. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 : ext2-os2 0.3 available for testing

Hi,

I've just uploaded a new version of ext2-os2 (version 0.3) for alpha testing.
ext2-os2 allows OS/2 to access Linux native partitions (ext2fs file system)
as normal OS/2 drive letters (NOTE : this is still alpha level stability code)

It is on ftp-os2.nmsu.edu in /incoming (then in /new and /os2/diskutil),
the package file is named ext2_03a.zip.
It comes with all its sources, as well as Deon van der Westhuysen's Linux
partition filter.

Matthieu WILLM                  I do *NOT* speak for IBM ...

2. Support for S3 Trio64UV+ ?

3. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 - ext2-os2 V0.4 beta now available

4. email setup

5. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 - ext2-os2 V0.8 now available

6. thttpd CGI vs. perl

7. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 : ext2-os2 V0.5 now available

8. includes for Motif 2.0

9. WANTED : Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 alpha testers ...

10. ATTENTION : Linux ext2fs for OS/2 alpha testers - fix for 0.3 available

11. OS/2 IFS for reading EXT2FS?

12. Anybody using ext2-os2 with LBA mode?

13. Q: Linux ext2fs IFS for IRIX ?