Compiling kernel 1.2.11 with gcc 2.7.0 ELF

Compiling kernel 1.2.11 with gcc 2.7.0 ELF

Post by Koert Zeilst » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I have upgraded to ELF following the instructions in the ELF howto, and
downloaded kernel 1.2.11, but having a problem compiling this kernel with
gcc 2.7.0. I have installed the latest libc, ld.so, gcc.

I am getting lots of undefined symbols, which seem to be global vars.
What am I doing wrong?

Any advice appreciated,
Koert

--
Koert Zeilstra

Just my thoughts, not anyone else's.

Compiling kernel 1.2.11 with gcc 2.7.0 ELF

Post by Koert Zeilst » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: I have upgraded to ELF following the instructions in the ELF howto, and
: downloaded kernel 1.2.11, but having a problem compiling this kernel with
: gcc 2.7.0. I have installed the latest libc, ld.so, gcc.

: I am getting lots of undefined symbols, which seem to be global vars.
: What am I doing wrong?

: Any advice appreciated,
: Koert

I already received help by email (thanks guys); the solution is to
apply the elf patches to the kernel to be able to compile the kernel
with gcc-2.7.0 (elf).

Thanks,
Koert

--

:
: I am getting lots of undefined symbols, which seem to be global vars.
: What am I doing wrong?
:
: Any advice appreciated,
: Koert
:

If other suggested solutions, try adding the "-m i386linux" flag to the LD line
in your main Makefile and the "-b i486-linuxaout" flag to the CC line of the
same file (as follows):

LD= ld -m i386linux
CC= gcc -b i486-linuxaout -D__KERNEL___ ...

Good LUck!
SEan
--

http://www.me.mtu.edu/~snyder/index.html| %  Hit any user to continue  %  \  /