1. Basic kernel module help needed!
I'm new to device drivers for Linux, and I have a irritating problem
that I've been working with for a while.
I've written the most basic kernel module ever (the "hello world"-type)
and still I can't get it to work. The problem is "unresolved externals"
while running insmod. It doesn't matter what external function I try to
use (strlen, memset, register_char_device etc. etc.) ALL of them
I use the 2.2.12-20 kernel distributed with red hat 6.1, and I have
installed ALL sources/headers/libs from the distribution CD. The system
is clean, installed on a brand new hard disc. No earlier or later
versions of the kernel even close to my computer!
Even more irritating, if I try to #include <asm/uaccess.h> (as one
should if the kernel is later than 2.2.0) the module won't even
compile. I get a bunch of undeclared functions (boot_cpu_data_R4d12d1d7
I am a desperate man, ready to take desperate actions on my linux
computer. If someone doesn't help me, the poor thing will fall 10
floors downto a cold and wet parking lot.
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
2. Problems with flock on Solaris
3. beginner module question: kernel-module version mismatch
4. Question: Solaris 2.2 NFS share command
5. Very basic module configuration question
6. PostgreSQL Version 6.0 RDBMS database ANSI SQL 92 compliant - Its FREE!!
7. Opening a kernel module from another kernel module
8. Unable to make a new kernel
9. Ft. Worth - Linux Kernel Module Programmer - Unix kernel modules & Unix device drivers
10. Basic basic troff question??!
11. Basic, Basic SCSI Question
12. very basic basic newbie question
13. Basic question for 2.1.xxx kernel people