Q: gdb support for multithreaded core on Linux?

Post by Juan Altmayer Pizzorn » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> AFAIK, the core format does not support multi-thread.  And as such gdb doesn't
> support it either.

Yes, you are right, from a quick look at the source, the registers for
threads
other than the main one do not seem to get stored core file at all.

I meant to patch gdb to get me a post-mortem traceback (or 'backtrace')
of a
multithreaded program...  I guess it is still possible, since the stacks
themselves should be in the core file, but it would be much nicer if we
had
support for the various' threads contexts in 'core'.

Who maintains that, anyway?

Quote:> If the crash is repeatable, you can run the program under gdb until it crashes
> and see where the crash is.  If this is unfeasible, you can the play the game
> of attaching gdb at some time before the crash.

You mean attaching it from a signal handler?  Thanks

.. Juan

1. Q: gdb support for multithreaded core on Linux?

My multithreaded application crashed the other day on Linux and
when I ran gdb on the core, it would only display the main thread.
Does gdb support multithreaded core dumps on Linux?  I am running
plain RedHat 6.0, i.e., the gdb is 4.17 and should include the
linuxthread support patches.  Thanks

.. Juan

2. Hard Drive Performance

3. PATCH Multithreaded core dump support for the 2.5.14 (and 15) kernel.

4. dump with autoloader

5. IP forwarding is just too good

6. PATCH Multithreaded core dumps for the 2.5.17 kernel was ....RE: PATCH Multithreaded core dump support for the 2.5.14 (and 15) kernel.

7. Firewall setup

8. debugging multithreaded RH6.2 linux apps w/ gdb

9. GDB dumps core when given core?

10. Using GDB with multithreaded applications

11. gdb w/ multithreaded apps

12. gdb reading elf cores on linux