Can Linux manage 2 monitors?

Post by lda.. » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 01:05:12

Can I use 2 monitors on one system under Linux?  If so, which
configuration commands should I study to learn how to do this?  I already
have the hardware setup, I just don't know where to go from there.  All
reccommendations are welcome.

Dave

Can Linux manage 2 monitors?

http://www.xinside.com/
--
Ken Edwards

Can Linux manage 2 monitors?

Post by Chris Bitme » Thu, 02 Mar 1995 21:02:50

>Can I use 2 monitors on one system under Linux?  If so, which
>configuration commands should I study to learn how to do this?  I already
>have the hardware setup, I just don't know where to go from there.  All
>reccommendations are welcome.

I would also like to know this!

I know that X supports two monitors. I suspect that you need to change
something in the X setup scripts. Perhaps you should post this to
comp.os.linux.x and comp.windows.x.

Let me know if you find out!

Chris Bitmead.
--

Chris Bitmead

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. Can't reboot with power saving software

3. Why are these ports open?

4. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

5. Load on a Processor

6. CGI: apache canned response

7. s390 (4/16): s390 console changes.

8. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

9. Canned "ping"

10. Any Canned Class code?

11. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?

12. Managing Active Directory Under Linux? [linux at workplace]