JOB: Red Hat Software Developer Job Opening

Post by Marc Ewi » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

            Red Hat Software Developer Job Opening
            --------------------------------------

Red Hat Software is seeking qualified applicants for an opening in our
development group.  If you are self-motivated, work well under
pressure, and have a strong programming and Linux/UNIX background,
please submit your resume and/or any other relevant information, with
as much detail as possible, ASAP.

Job Description and Qualifications
----------------------------------

As a programmer at Red Hat Software you may be responsible for design
and development of installation systems, system administration tools,
and other innovative products.

Qualifications:

. 5 years of C development
. 1 years of Linux system-level experience
. extremely strong UNIX programming fundamentals
. Python, Perl, Tk
. System and Network Administration
. Technical writing

The position is in RTP, North Carolina, and is open now.

This is a salaried position, with the precise figure to be based on
your qualifications.  Signing bonus: Nerf Ballzooka, a six pack of
root beer, three packs of Oreos, and a t-shirt.  Oh, and a hat too.

Red Hat Software
----------------

Red Hat Software produces high quality Linux products and services.
Our leading Red Hat Linux OS product is freely available from
ftp.redhat.com and many mirrors.  Our RPM packaging technology is also
freely available at the same sites.

The work environment at Red Hat is at the same time relaxed and
high-pressure.  As a small startup company we work like dogs to "lead
the pack" in the Linux market and maintain the highest standards of
product quality and customer satisfaction.

Application
-----------

If you are interested in working at the most exciting Linux company on
the planet, please submit your resume and/or any other relevant
information, with as much detail as possible, ASAP.  Please send all
materials, in confidence, to:

Marc Ewing
Red Hat Software, Inc.
PO Box 4325
Chapel Hill, NC 27515

(919) 361-2711 (fax)

Email and fax are preferred.

1. JOB: Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

            Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

Red Hat Software is seeking qualified applicants for an opening in our
world famous technical support department.  If you are self-motivated,
resourceful, and you surprise even yourself with the seemingly
worthless Linux hardware and software arcana you can recite, then we
want to talk to you!

Job Description and Qualifications
----------------------------------

The job functions include supporting customers with installation and
other problems encountered using Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Motif, Red Hat
Applixware, and all our other products.  Support is generally handled
through email and fax, and some support contracts are handled over the
phone.  In addition, you will be responsible for building and
maintaining support documents and systems.

Qualifications:

- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer
  Science or a related field
- 2 years Linux system-level experience (Red Hat experience a plus)
- Extensive PC hardware experience
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team

Desired skills include:

- Working knowledge of LaTeX, HTML, Linuxdoc-sgml
- Serial communication and networking (PPP, SLIP, UUCP)

[...]

Thanks,
Marc

2. BUILD YOUR OWN C`A.B,L,E B,O`X...FREE C`A.B,L.E`... 8148

3. Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

4. Mount problem

5. Job Openings at Red Hat Software

6. smbmount - mount error: No such device

7. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!

8. boot net:dhcp options