** POSIX signals limited to 32 signals?

Post by Esmail Bonakdari » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I am porting an application from the SGI to my linux box (2.0.30). I
am trying to use the POSIX signal handling routines.

The SGI code successfully defines and uses a user-defined signal
(#define END_INIT 40) with the POSIX functions for process
synchronization.  On Linux this signal isn't regcognized. (There are a
number of different processes so using SIGUSR1/2 won't be enough).

Is there a limit as to the max value of signals under Linux? Can it be
changed upward?

Thanks,

Esmail
PS: Please also mail me directly - thanks.

--
Esmail
----

1. ** POSIX signals limited to 32 signals?

I am porting an application from the SGI to my linux box (2.0.30). I
am trying to use the POSIX signal handling routines.

The SGI code successfully defines and uses a user-defined signal
(#define END_INIT 40) with the POSIX functions for process
synchronization.  On Linux this signal isn't regcognized. (There are a
number of different processes so using SIGUSR1/2 won't be enough).

Is there a limit as to the max value of signals under POSIX? Can it be
changed upward? I.e., is there a way to define and use additional
user-define

Thanks,

Esmail
PS: Please also mail me directly - thanks.
--
Esmail
----

2. PPP connects to NT, anyone?

3. IPC: POSIX signals limited to 32 under Linux?

4. Help again..

5. Signal handlers are not reset after signal delivery

6. relinking program

7. Signal handling: signal() vs. sigaction()

8. Writing over NFS causes lots of paging

9. blocking signals in signal handler -- True or False quiz

10. Registering signal inside signal handler

11. signal.c: wrong rt signals comment, 2.4.20-pre11

12. signal inside signal

13. trap "<new trap action>; $(get_old_trap SIGNAL)" SIGNAL