Create new system call interrupt

Post by Dean M. Weite » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

I am looking for resources related to the creation of a new system call
interrupt.

This is related to the emulation of a foreign operating system under LINUX.

Are there any good resources on this?

Regards,

Dean Weiten

Create new system call interrupt

Post by Peter Samuels » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am looking for resources related to the creation of a new system
> call interrupt.

Resources intelligible to the average Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0
user?  No, can't think of any offhand.

Just read the source under whichever arch you are primarily interested
in.  For i386, read arch/i386/kernel/entry.S for starters.

--
Peter Samuelson
<sampo.creighton.edu!psamuels>

Post by Alan Donova » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> > I am looking for resources related to the creation of a new system
> > call interrupt.

> Resources intelligible to the average Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0
> user?  No, can't think of any offhand.

Cruel! Some of us are forced to use 'doze for mail you know... :-)

alan

  Imerge Ltd.      +44 1223 875265