Event Registering in a Module

Post by Krishnan » Wed, 23 May 2001 00:18:23

Hi,
   I am a newbie to Kernel Programming. I am using a module, but not
for implementing a device driver. I am trying to have a function in my
module called when some event occurs, for example when data arrives on
a socket. I had earlier posted a message on another group, and got a
reply asking me to take a look at the smbfs source, but was not able
to understand how it works.

   It would be really helpful if anyone could suggest some resources
for understanding the smbfs code or suggest how this problem can be
solved.

Thanks a ton in advance.
Krishnan.