Suggestion of Linux kernel release 2.0.xx Release Notes

Suggestion of Linux kernel release 2.0.xx Release Notes

Post by Hal Le » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I would like to reccomend a change to the RLN for 2.0.xx

I recently installed Slackware's distribution of Linux.. after getting it up
and going the first thing I wanted to do was compile a custom kernel for my
machine- I needed some features in.. and the "stock" kernel was causing a core
dump on boot.

After compiling and so forth- folowing the RLN instructions- my new core was
giving me "undefined link in module.... blah" something like that-  after 2
days of beating up the machine- I realised the problem- OLD modules from the
OLD kernel were in the modules/* structure.. and the RLN does not warn to
remove/move the old modules before installing the new one.

I would like to reccomend this change be made- some notice that old modules
should be removed from the modules/2.0xx structure...

thanks

Hal Levy

1. firewall kernel: martian source 196.xx.xx.xx from 165,146.xx.xx on dev eth0 ???

hi there,

I'v noticed in my logs the following on my Redhat iptables box

firewall kernel: martian source 196.xx.xx.xx from 165,146.xx.xx on dev
eth0
196.xx.xx.xx being the internet ip on eth0

the 165.xx.xx.xx is my ISP up on my machine at home, i noticed these
messages at the time time i tried to connect from my home machine to
the 196.xxx.x.x box
the connection to ssh was timmed out ???

what can this be .. i read about martain messages bing spoof messages.
but the addrss if my ip of my home machine , ISP assigned.

anyone with any idea's ?

Thank in advance for any advice

2. Special input characters

3. Modem and linux 2.0.xx / 2.1.xx

4. Forms Login instead of Basic Auth Dialog

5. Regarding TCP BUG FIX: in release notes of Linux 2.2.18

6. Look For manpage of VOP_OPEN and so on...

7. Linux 2.2.19 release notes

8. kppp problem - Help !

9. Announce: Kernel Build for 2.5, Release 2.0 is available

10. New Linux CMUCL release - port of CMU-lisp to Linux 2.0

11. linux-jdk14 dies on 4.3 release and 4.5 release I'm not insane!

12. linux-jdk14 dies on 4.3 release but not on 4.5 release

13. Could not reverse map address xx.xx.xx.xx???