Underlinig instead of bold

Post by Nuno Ferrei » Fri, 17 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I was happily running kernel 1.2.13 and then i decided to upgrade to
1.3.40. It compiled fine but when I rebooted it complained about not knowing
term "linux".
I tought the name was changed so I edited my termcap and added the name
linux to console's terminal entry but now when I do an ls (color) the things
that were supposed to be bold are all underlined.
  Is it a bug in the new kernel, in my termcap or what?
  Any help would be apreciated ( I really hate those undelines :-( )

 |   Nuno Ferreira                                                          |

1. How to "bolds" to display BOLD

I use emacs for latex, and at one point was able to get anything flagged
with \bf to actually look bolded on the display. That no longer happends,
now with AUC tex installed; instead, I get colors.

How can I get that displayed bold back?

Thanks,
Dave

2. PVM for Alpha Linux?

3. Q: Bold text in man pages?

4. graphical-logon

5. Printing bold and underline with a2ps

6. FS corruption with 2.5.47

7. A Bold Thought

8. gated configuration tips?

9. Bold-face printing?

10. nroff won't bold

11. Why my mouse becomes two bold lines?

12. Search for BOLD text in "more" or "less"

13. How to display bold text?