Video framegrabber support?

Post by William S. Gribb » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> Does anybody know of any effort to develop drivers and/or
> application software for framegrabbers?

I'm using a commercial driver for the Matrox Marvel II card, which I
got from Metro-Link (the X server people).  The driver is an extension
to their X server, so you have to buy the server ($99) and the extension
($99), plus the card ($600, I believe).   A little pricey, but you
end up with a fast card, an API that lets you create it as an X widget,
and a way to mmap() the frame buffer directly.

I've heard that X Inside also has a similar product.

Bill Gribble