startx does not in v2.0,works fine in pre2.0.7

startx does not in v2.0,works fine in pre2.0.7

Post by Joe Ma » Sun, 16 Jun 1996 04:00:00

When I run startx, the screen does things like it is being probed,
but then it rureturns to console mode without eny errors on the
screen on in syslog. Startx works just fine with pre2.0.7. I've
updated my libc, gcc, procps etc acccording to the
Changes file in the Docs for 2.0.

        I'm running an ATI 28800-5 card with 1M video memory,
an AMI 486 33MHz with 32M memory.

Any suggestiooons?

        Thanks
        Joe mack

startx does not in v2.0,works fine in pre2.0.7

Post by Joe Ma » Sun, 16 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>When I run startx, the screen does things like it is being probed,
>but then it rureturns to console mode without eny errors on the
>screen on in syslog. Startx works just fine with pre2.0.7. I've
>updated my libc, gcc, procps etc acccording to the
>Changes file in the Docs for 2.0.

>    I'm running an ATI 28800-5 card with 1M video memory,
>an AMI 486 33MHz with 32M memory.

>Any suggestiooons?

>    Thanks
>    Joe mack

I'm replying to my own post. I foudn the problem - I haven't
set the irq for the mouse in the new kernel. I fall over
this problem ever upgrade and don't spot
it because usually the problem manifests in a different
way. It would be nice if there was a site.h/local.h/hardware.h
that didn't change between kernel upgrades..

        Joe Mack

1. getty_ps2.0.7 Still my modem does not accepts dial-ins.

Hi folks,

        I just installed getty_ps2.0.7, and I still can NOT get the
d*mn thing to work.

        I used an example uugetty.config file supplied with the
getty_ps package, and still NO GO.

I can dialout using kermit, and life is good. Dialins however do NOT
work.

getty does a LOOP_BACK through the modem. the RD and SD lights BOTH
light up, and it tries using "Softlanding software" as a login name.

As expected the thing chews hard, and thats about all it does.

Does ANYONE have a clue?

I tried playing with stty crtscts < dev/ttyS0, but NO help there...
maybee I'm not doing it right. (example please)

If anyone has to knowhow to help me, please email me. My machine is on
Internet, and anyone can telnet in if they wish to check out the
problem first hand.

I'm using a ZENITH (pos) 2400 modem.
I AM running on a DELL computer using a 9 -> 25 pin converter, but I
think that should be ok.

Thanx for the help,

        MikeE

2. need help with sockets

3. Plug-ins not not seen by Gimp

4. Wanted-database for Freebsd

5. lpd problems with pre2.0.7

6. sundance driver problem detecting DFE-550 card

7. pre2.0.7-8 break rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd

8. Help with batch command

9. broken ppp in linux-pre2.0.7

10. Compling INND1.4sec on pre2.0.7

11. Kernel Change Summary pre2.0.7

12. how do 'plug-ins' work?

13. IP Accounting doesn't work for PPP dial-ins :-(( ??