How to access files in ext2 file system in windows(same system)

How to access files in ext2 file system in windows(same system)

Post by Bala » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:55:00

I want to read the ext2fs through windows in my pc. How can i do this?

How to access files in ext2 file system in windows(same system)

Post by Albertu » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 20:16:12

Quote:> I want to read the ext2fs through windows in my pc. How can i do this?

I use on my Windows XP installation a program called Explore2fs:

    http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

Note that it's safer to use it in read-only mode.  My partitions are
actually ext3 and they can be read just fine (they're mounted
read-only).  The program features a tree view of your ext2/3 filesystem.

Read the warnings and caveats, especially if you're going to enable
writing.

1. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux

    Some time ago I was involved in discussion on this news group regarding the
design of a new file system for Linux.  The main aim is to support dynamic size
changing by adding/removing partitions from the file system at run time without
interrupting processes that are using the file system.  Another major feature is
logging so that a system crash or power failure can be recovered from without
data loss or an excessive amount of time spent running FSCK.

  This project is now going ahead, if you are interested then please load up the
following URL: http://www.virtual.net.au/~rjc/enh-fs.html

Russell Coker

2. Printing Problems: HP DeskJet 500 and Suse 7.1

3. copy umsdos file system to ext2 file system

4. Worm Nofifier?

5. "Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

6. Nonprofit seeks Linux web host

7. Accessing Linux ext2 file system from DOS

8. Can't read packet written CDR

9. BUG in ext2 file-system (2.0.33 kernel): tried to extend a file using lseek

10. Netscape plug-ins, helper files, Acrobat etc.

11. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

12. /var file system <==> /usr file system

13. Can msdos file system handle double space DOS file system ?