help with trakker QIC-80 tape drive connected at printer port

help with trakker QIC-80 tape drive connected at printer port

Post by guenter weissensee » Fri, 01 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi
I use Caldera 1.3 Kernel version 2.0.35

Is there a module for the trakker tape backup available?
It is an external device, whichoperates through the printer port and uses
standard QIC-80 tapes.

Thanks for any help

Guenter

help with trakker QIC-80 tape drive connected at printer port

Post by Network Administrato » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Take a look at ftape.  I recently got an Iomega 2GB parallel port drive
working on a Slakware system (kernel 2.0.27).  The ftape package supports
trakker drives.

ftape - The Linux Floppy Tape Project
ftape home page, ftape: the Linux Floppy Tape Project
http://www-math.math.rwth-aachen.de/

Curt