I am trying to create a new filesystem by doing this:
1. create a subdirectory named /newfs under /fs.
2. copy all *.c from /fs/ext2 to /fs/newfs
3. made global changes to all those occurances of ext2 to newfs,
e.g. super.c, ialloc.c, balloc.c, trccate.c, ioctl.c, file.c,
dir.c, symlink.c, inode.c, acl.c, fsync.c, bitmap.c, namei.c
4. use /fs/newfs/Makefile (copied from /fs/ext2) to make a new
filesystem with a new file type (e.g. newfs)
I thought after I can get this "make" done, I then will write a
small program to call init_newfs_fs() and mount_root() in turn to see
if I can then create a new filesystem. But I got a long list of
errors saying "Dereferencing pointer to imcomplete type", these
might be the dependency problem, can someone help how to get around
with this? thanks!
* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!