Should I use irqaction in my device driver?

Should I use irqaction in my device driver?

Post by Andrew Harv » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I am currently writting a device driver for a custom piece of hardware.
The device needs to be serviced _very_ regularly, possibly upto 768 times
a second. I currently use request_irq to register my interrupt handler, but
am considering changing to irqaction, because the khg says its faster.
However, none of the device drivers in the current distribution of linux
use irqaction. Is there is a reason for not using it?

One the same topic does anyone know offhand, which registers aren't allowed
to be used when servicing irqactions?

thanks in advance,

Andrew Harvey

--

"Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good fantasy"

1. ? How do I find what device driver a device is using?

I have a problem.

Short question is how can I tell from a running system what
device driver a device is using?

Long Question:  I have two servers, one a new 7028-6c1 that
has aix433 ml10 on it.  I am using a nim server that is installed
at aix4.3.3.ml9 to try and test a backup and recovery solution, but
when the machine reboots into maintenance or install mode, it does not
see the 18.2GB internal scsi drives (which work fine when the machine
is up in normal mode)

Looks like a missing device driver from one to the other, but I would
prefer
not to install ml10 on the nim server, and if it is one back-level
driver,
I would like to check that out...

So, does anyone know a command to see which
drivers are loaded with a device?  Thanks.

Casey

2. Weird "route add" issue with PPP over ssh linux 2.2.15

3. Device driver calling another device driver.

4. IS UNIX C2 compliant

5. Device driver question (generic device driver)

6. Analyst charges Windows NT isn't secure

7. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

8. Load Average question

9. Stabbed US preacher flees INDIA state (The same INS tactics used against the stabbed preacher)

10. Plug-Ins using C++

11. Using IPCSysV in a device driver

12. device driver using serial port

13. Using kernel_fpu_begin() in device driver - feasible or not?