Linux driver for canon BJC 5100 color bubble jet printer

Linux driver for canon BJC 5100 color bubble jet printer

Post by John Marti » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello
I checked the linux driver bank and could not find the proper drivers for my
new printer. Is there a Linux driver for canon BJC 5100 color bubble jet
printer?
John Martin

Linux driver for canon BJC 5100 color bubble jet printer

Post by Todd Knar » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I checked the linux driver bank and could not find the proper drivers for my
> new printer. Is there a Linux driver for canon BJC 5100 color bubble jet
> printer?

Linux doesn't have drivers for individual printers. It has drivers for
the devices you use to connect printers to the computer, such as the
parallel, serial and/or USB ports. With those, anything on the computer
can talk to the printer just fine. What you are probably looking for is
the Ghostscript driver for that printer that will convert standard
Postscript level 1/2 into Canon's particular printer control language.
The 5100 isn't listed specifically, but Ghostscript does support the
BJC-600, BJC-4xxx, BJC-70, Stylewriter 2x00, and BJC-800 printers so
if the 5100 is listed in it's manual as being compatible with any of
those it should work. If not, visit http://www.veryComputer.com/~ghost/ and
check the latest version and see if support has been added via either
a standard driver or an additional driver you can obtain seperately
from Ghostscript.

--
If you'll excuse me - I have fif* things fighting for my attention, all
of them annoying.

Linux driver for canon BJC 5100 color bubble jet printer

Post by Allison Baj » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

John,

    I work for Canon and I'll try to find out if we do have a Linux driver
for that model printer.

Allison Bajo
Canon Information Systems, Inc.