I want my Linux on TV.

Post by Charles Connol » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Linux supports my video card "ATI Pro Turbo PC2TV" as long as I am using
a VGA monitor. But it will not support TV, Composite or Svideo out.

X-windows support that is.

Is anything being done to remidy this oversight ??

Please e-mail reply to

-- Charles

   Linux RH5.2/6 , DOS\Win 3.1 on 200MMX c/w 32M Ram & 2 G HD.
--
- Charles.

1. Wanting to control IR equipment with Linux(TV, VCR..)

I've been getting my Linux world close to how I want it.
There are only two things left.
A really good Vmail system (ability to have Vmail boxes,
and have the system react to certain conditions [paging, or
delivering messages]).
The other thing is to have my Linux system control my
TV, VCR, CD player, etc.
Does anyone know of a solution for this?  Either one of the
motherboard based ports, or something home built (or even bought).

Greg
--
  __            Where's the kaboom?  There was
 /\_|     supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!!

   |:.__)
   (_)

2. Kernel on boot disk

3. Getting TV Capturer / TV tuner going in LINUX (BT848A-based chipset)

4. EIDE Problem

5. TV-Out w/ Linux/X11 (Asus 3400 TNT/TV)

6. Kernel 2.2, slow networking

7. Q: S3 vs. ATI for PCI video...

8. tv in -> mpeg/mjpeg out video card wanted

9. IrDA, TV Card/ISA HW Info Wanted

10. TV/Capture card recommendations, comments wanted

11. "frankly, his customers wanted it": New Digital TV+Internet

12. LOCAL/WANTED: Michigan: Linux Speaker Wanted