May I ask a question about makefile writing here?

May I ask a question about makefile writing here?

Post by Vive l'amo » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 01:42:55

Hi, I am sorry to ask questions that might look strange here.
I'd like to ask a question about GNU makefile writing.

I'm wondering if the following pseudo target rule is possible for
GNU make:

XYZ := a.c  b.c  c.c ...

foo:
      ABC = XYZ
      BCD = Some shell command output string (a string separated by spaces)
      ABC -= BCD
      gcc -o test $(ABC)

that is, Can I modify value of a macro or assign value to a maco within
target rule's command line? If it is possible, may I ask how to do that?

Thank you very much for bearing my stupid question.

David.

1. May I ask a question about makefile writing here?

--
       zsww?                                        Y?
   qt    x   ??3qj???Tu{??s?   ?B?J?  ?          ?

   ?               http://www.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~cfliu   ?          ?
   ?~w?  ~?   Dorm: 87903   Lab:31851              ????
   ??q}                                        zwrwrw{
       wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrwwwwwrw

2. PCMCIA

3. how elementary are the questions which may be asked on this SIG?

4. SIGALRM

5. may i ask question here?

6. /etc/default --theory and practice (was: Newbie PATH question)

7. Shell script question (may or may not be specific to pkgadd)

8. XFree 4.1 + Nvidia gf2 = bad quake3

9. may i write ISR in user space?

10. Partitioning may have screwed up floppy disk writes

11. Mounting a dos filesystem so that normal users may write to it???

12. Need to sleep after aiowrite (or aio_write) to socket or write may not complete...

13. Socket to which related processes may read/write ?.