Get current time & schedule work in Kernel process

Get current time & schedule work in Kernel process

Post by Geo » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:16:03

Hi All,

I am writing a module that includes getting the current time and date and schedule work. But I dont know which header files the module should include and which functions I should use? Please advise. Thank for your helps.

Best Regards,

George Chang

1. getting owner(uid) of current process in Kernel extensions

Hi,
I am a student working on AIX 4.3 kernel extension
module. Can somebody please suggest how to get
current process's owner's uid while writing kernel
extension code. There is seteuid() kernel service
available to kernel extensions but no geteuid().
Is there any way I can get this information.

Thanks,
Gazala

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Linux SVGA modes

3. Mixed Time-Share & real-Time scheduling

4. I can't see it

5. Current process & other key kernel global symbols

6. Wrong time!!!

7. Process wait times, scheduling and signal delivery

8. Project: COM/OLEish system for Linux

9. Getting current date and time.

10. Getting the current time

11. How does the SMP kernel schedule processes on multiple cpu's?

12. Process scheduling in SMP kernel

13. Solaris2.0/2.1 Real time "Fast" timing/scheduling